Thursday, April 9, 2009

250$ Cookies

There's a little story behind these cookies, I'm guessing some of you have heard it. So, this lady eats dinner at Neman Marcus and after the meal she and her friend have one of their famous cookies. She loves it and asks the waiter if there's any chance she could get the recipe. He says- why yes there is, but you'll have to pay for it. She asks how much and he answers: two-fifty. She believes him to mean Two dollars and fifty cents. But when she gets her visa bill the next month she see's that in fact it was $250. Then she posted it all over the internet for pay backs.


They really are quite yum-oish. :)



250$ cookie
2 C butter or margarine
2 C sugar
2C brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 C flour
5 C blended oatmeal (I use 4 cups) Here's what it looks like in my crapy magic bullet blender

1 tsp salt

2 tsp baking powder

2 tsp soda

24 oz chocolate chips (I use one chocolate, one butterscotch)

1 (8oz) hershy candy bar (I don't add this. . . there never seems to be room)

3 C chopped nuts (I don't add this either)

Blend oatmeal then measure.

Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs adn vanilla. Mix together flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda. Mix two together. Add chips, candy and nuts. Roll into 2 inch balls and bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375



2 comments:

  1. YUM!! The only problem is that I can't eat them...at least not today. I have to have one good day to restore my confidance. :) They look great though! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were good, I only got one, Daryl ate the rest, thanks for giving me some.

    ReplyDelete